The Snugpak ® SF Bivvi Bag is made in the UK, for UK Weather Conditions, protecting you from evaporative and convection heat loss and is one of the Ten Essential Items for Hillwalking & Mountaineering. The SF Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for adventure racers, bushcraft and emergency survival. The non-locking 1/2 length front zip allows rapid egress, when every second counts, and you have to move fast. With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your race pack, with or without a sleeping bag.
The bivvi bag, a term abbreviated from bivouac, a French word meaning ‘temporary encampment’, can beused as the bare minimum for light-weight summer races, or used in conjunction with an Adventure Race Sleeping System for harbour areas and longer excursions, all year round. The SF Bivvi Bag also performs in an emergency to protect against weather elements if you are benighted in less than ideal circumstances.
The technical fabric of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, Paratex Dry, is breathable, allowing trapped moisture to escape from within the microclimate, keeping you warm, dry and comfortable. Paratex Dry moves moisture out of the sleeping system at an impressive 7.5L of moisture per m² per 24hours. When seeking shelter from the weather elements, you will be grateful for the superior technical features of the Snugpak SF Bivvi Bag, and have greater confidence in your fast and light ventures, knowing you are equipped to deal with the worst weather, as well as having a protective shell for your sleeping bag.
The SF Bivvi bag is the ideal choice for fast and light ventures, adventure races and emergency survival. With a small volume and exceptional light weight, it can be folded of packed away as a stalwart item in your outdoor kit, with or without a sleeping bag. A 5000mm Hydrostatic Head guarantees waterproof and windproof durability, creating an enclosed micro-climate that increases humidity, and maintaining body temperature through the protection of evaporative and convention heat loss.
• Half centre zip for quick and easy access (perfect for use with the snugpak special forces range of sleeping bags).
• Made in the UK. Support UK manufacturing and enjoy superior British quality.
• 100% waterproof fabric with a Hydro Static Head in Excess of 5000mm (items with a Hydrostatic Head over 1500mm are generally considered waterproof).
• Taped & Sealed Seams
• Breathable (will transmit up to 7.5 litres of moisture per m2 per 24 hours)
• Soft to the touch
• Supplied with own stuff sack
• Outer Fabric treated with a Durable Water Repellant (water repellancy can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic retreatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
|Colours Available||Black, Olive, Coyote Tan, A-TACS|
|Dimensions||Width (Chest) – 80cm
Width (Foot) – 50cm
Length – 220cm
|Pack Size||14(H) x 10cm(W)|
|Origin||Manufactured in UK|
|Outer Fabric||Paratex Dry|
|Extra Info||• Outer Fabric can be treated with a Durable Water Repellant (Water repellency can be maintained by a cool tumble dry after washing and periodic re-treatment with suitable after care products such as Nikwax or Grangers)
• Can be reproofed using a suitable Durable Waterproof Repellent (RWR)